Thread Back Search

Cable issue BSkyB intervention notice

• ThE MaStEr
    2010-11-04

• Cable issue BSkyB intervention notice

By Julian Clover
    November 4,

Ofcom has been order to investigate proposals by News Corp to take full control of BSkyB on grounds of media plurality. The Secretary of State for Business, Vince Cable, has issued an intervention notice under Section 67 of the Enterprise Act 2002 that requires the regulator to summit its report by December 31.

The European Commission, which was yesterday formally notified by BSkyB of its intention to proceed with the £7.8 billion (€9.41 billion) bid for the 61% of the satcaster is does not already own, is expected to announce its own decision by December 8.
    “On the basis of the information and submissions available to me, I have decided that it is appropriate to issue an intervention notice in this particular case,” said Cable.

“The independent experts at Ofcom will now investigate and report to me on the media plurality issues that may arise from this proposed acquisition.”

A further announcement will be made once Cable has considered Ofcom’s report that could lead to a referral to the Competition Commission.

Last month, the BBC, Channel 4, BT, The Guardian, Trinity Mirror, the Daily Mail and the Daily Telegraph wrote to the business secretary urging him to refer the matter to Ofcom with the purpose of scrutinising the public interest aspects of the deal, which the signatories say could have “far reaching consequences for media plurality”.

من مواضيعى فى المنتدى

Nemesis2.4-dm800hd-e2-OE(1.6)-SVN(101r1)-ramiMAHER ssl84a

TVONE biss keys 18-6-2014

OoZooN-Image-dm800-2011-2-19 #76D ramiMAHER

Driver Dan's Story Train to Air on Baraem TV

Diablo Keys 24.10.2011

RAI Sport keys 13°E Hotbird 1/8/2013

Sea Launch exits Chapter 11

OoZooN Image dm7020hd update 14-4-2013

مواضيع متشابهة

Ashley Smith for Dossier Journal Issue IV

Ke$ha Covers V Magazine's Americana Issue

Sky has this morning served the formal notice of intent with the European Commission

Ru//pert Mur//doch: Mr Cable's obligationOwnership change of BSkyB matters: it would mean operations being directed for the s

European cable technology body Cable Europe Labs