Next New Networks and YouTube, along with Frank N. Magid Associates, have unveiled findings from their joint study of US online video viewership. The study surveyed a broad range of viewers to measure how they engage with Web original content and how they view this content amidst other entertainment options.
The research uncovered that viewers place considerable value on Web original content; 54 per cent of those surveyed who have watched Web original videos deem them to be just as, if not more, entertaining than what they view on traditional television. While they consider online video entertaining, those surveyed regard this content as its own category and not directly comparable to what is available on television. They define these types of videos as original, having fewer boundaries, and adaptable to individual viewing schedules. Additional insights into the value of Web original content include:
- 60 per cent watch Web original video content weekly;
- 58 per cent see Web originals as providing quality entertainment whenever they want it;
- Over one quarter of viewers find Web original content to be more entertaining than traditional television.
Viewers revealed a high level of engagement with Web original series due to online video’s unique capabilities. Specifically, viewers are 2.5 times more likely to be fully engaged in online video than their counterparts who watch traditional television programming. Furthermore, the research found additional evidence of viewer engagement: more than half read comments from other viewers, while 41 per cent rate the videos they watch.
Web original viewers pay more attention to this content than traditional TV viewers pay to their viewing medium. The study uncovered the number of viewers who spend time completing other tasks while watching Web originals vs. TV:
- Surf the Web: 37 per cent Web original viewers vs. 60 per cent TV viewers;
- Talk to Others: 28 per cent Web original vs. 52 per cent TV;
- Do things around the house: 19 per cent Web original vs. 52 per cent TV.
Online video is both social and viral in nature; three quarters of viewers said that they use email, social networking sites, or conversation, to tell others about their favorite Web originals. These findings underscore that viewers of Web originals are a valuable and engaged audience, which advertisers have yet to fully capture. Most Web original video viewers tell others about their favorite Web original video titles:
- 4 out of 10 viewers share the videos with others;
- Number of viewers who email the link: 37 per cent; post to Facebook or MySpace: 36 per cent; while those who share on Twitter: 10 per cent.
ضع تعليق باستخدام حساب الفيس بوك
|مواضيع ذات صلة مع Viewers like web only content|
|Cyfrowy Polsat gains HD viewers|
|Zee launches two HD channels for viewers in the UAE|
|Bitrate Viewers E2|
|TV viewers can’t stop taking the tablets|
|Viewers rate online VOD, but use is minimal|