Monday, 11 October
In 2Q10, worldwide total set top box (STB) revenue declined by 6% from the previous quarter while shipments declined even more. Shipments for HD-capable STBs and DVR-enabled STBs were up slightly over 1Q10, contributing to a slightly higher selling price.
For the remainder of 2010, only Latin America and Europe are forecast to show any gains in revenue or unit shipments, according to In-Stat (www.in-stat.com).
Recent research data from In-Stat shows the market leaders in 2Q10 shipments of STBs are:
• Cisco, Motorola, and Pace were the market leaders in cable STB shipments.
• Echostar, Humax, Pace, and Technicolor were market leaders in satellite STB shipments.
• Cisco, Motorola, Netgem, and Samsung were market leaders in IPTV shipments.
Recent In-Stat research, 2Q10 Set Top Box Database Update (#IN1004703STBD), covers the worldwide market for set top boxes. This research tracks:
• Set top box (STB) unit shipments, revenues, and average selling prices (ASPs) on a quarterly basis.
• Operator segmentation for cable, satellite, telco IPTV, and digital terrestrial TV.
• Regional segmentation for North America, Europe, Middle East/Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
• Functional segmentation for high-definition (HD), standard definition (SD), and digital video recording (DVR).
In-Stat's coverage of the STB market is the most comprehensive in the industry covering the entire marketing ecosystem from enabling technologies through the end user including devices, infrastructure, services & content, and service providers. In-Stat's extensive coverage of set top boxes provides worldwide and regional forecasts and includes a semiconductor bill of materials (BOMs) and total available market (TAM). In-Stat STB research can be found in In-Stat's Digital Entertainment research offerings, including:
ضع تعليق باستخدام حساب الفيس بوك
|مواضيع ذات صلة مع In 2Q10, worldwide total set top box (STB)|
|CCTV9 Documentary expands worldwide|
|BBC Worldwide takes to the skies|
|Disney Channels Worldwide Ups Key Execs|
|BBC Worldwide (BBCWW) America|
|No sale planned for BBC Worldwide|