October 1st, 2010
On 10 September Metallverwertungs Gesellschaft (MVG) started to take down 31 of the 34 antenna towers of the former Juelich shortwave transmitter site in Germany. Earlier this year all the curtains, earthnet and coaxial feeders including the slew switches had already been taken away.
The last owner, Christian Vision (CVC), who sold the site has handed over the premises in February/March to a consortium that plans to built a holiday park and hotel facilities there. The demolition should be completed by the end of October. 3 towers remain as well as one transmitter belonging to a radio museum on the premises.
On 29 September WDR television broadcast a report which included footage of the demolition and old b/w footage of the opening in the 1950’s. The report can be seen on this link.
ضع تعليق باستخدام حساب الفيس بوك
|مواضيع ذات صلة مع Demolition of Juelich transmitter site|
|شرح أرشفة وتقديم خريطة الموقع في ياهو Yahoo site map|
|Harmonic’s New Transmitter Aims to Reduce HFC Transmission Costs|
|Sony opens developer site for Android TV|
|Univision Interactive Media, NFL Launch New Spanish-Language Web Site|
|Harris inaugurated transmitter factory in Brazil|