The BCM6818 represents one of the first and most complete hardware and software solutions currently available for enabling advanced GPON-based residential gateway services that include Wi-Fi, voice over IP (VoIP), Ethernet switching and IPTV.
Broadcom's residential gateway software continues to be the most widely deployed globally and supports the Broadcom® BCM6818 solution. It is the first residential gateway software to combine TR-069 (which is already part of carrier DSL residential gateway management) with OMCI to enable GPON and provide unparalleled standards-based silicon that simplifies carrier deployment models and preserves the DSL architecture.
With today's BCM6818 announcement, Broadcom further completes its broadband carrier access portfolio spanning from gigabit bridges to complete residential gateways in highly optimized solutions that address ADSL, VDSL and GPON segments. With a portfolio of market leading and high performance carrier access solutions, Broadcom demonstrates these industry-leading solutions at this week's Broadband World Forum in Paris.
Highlights/ Key Facts:
• With approximately 98 percent of the world's largest telecom providers using TR-069 management software, supporting GPON customers with TR-069 will enable carriers to cost-effectively and efficiently offer their subscribers advanced management services that support Wi-Fi, VoIP and IPTV, according to Jeff Heynen, Directing Analyst of Broadband and Video, Infonetics Research.
• The BCM6800 GPON residential gateway portfolio provides unparalleled levels of integration utilizing Broadcom's high performance, 400 MHz dual core processor architecture, hardware-assisted gigabit bridging and routing, hardware-assisted IPsec security for virtual private network (VPN) termination, gigabit switch and physical layer (PHY) devices, VoIP, support for USB 2.0 host and devices, and support for Broadcom's latest WLAN devices utilizing PCI Express®.
• Another unique capability within the BCM6800 GPON portfolio is the world's first integration of the Multimedia over Coax Alliance (MoCA®) standard (which has already received MoCA 1.1 certification from the MoCA Certification Board). This specific BCM6800 solution integrates a MoCA media access controller (MAC), as well as a PHY transceiver and RF tuner, enabling service providers (using GPON technology) to easily and cost-effectively transform a subscriber's existing coax network into a home media distribution gateway.
◦ Service providers that use coax for media distribution within the home can now offer whole-home digital media services that allow subscribers to securely access, store and share multiple types of digital media content including HDTV programs, video-on-demand (VoD), DVR recordings, Internet content and VoIP.
• The BCM6816 and BCM6800 family of residential gateway reference designs are now sampling to early access customers. Pricing is available upon request.
ضع تعليق باستخدام حساب الفيس بوك
|مواضيع ذات صلة مع Broadcom Corporation, a global leader in semiconductors for wired and wireless communications, has announced the availability|
|Mobile satellite communications services Stratos Global|
|The soon-to-launch 3D joint-venture channel from Sony Corporation, Discovery Communications and IMAX has commissioned a range|
|Broadcom Corporation is acquiring Beceem Communications|
|RRsat Global Communications Network intensifies its focus on the North American market|
|International cable group Liberty Global has announced a series of major changes to its European management team.|