Published: October 22, 2010 10.16 Europe/London
Secretary General – European Association for the Protection of Encrypted Works and Services, AEPOC, Brussels
Remuneration will be dependent on experience.
AEPOC is the “Association Européenne pour la Protection des Œuvres et Services Cryptés” or the “European Association for the Protection of Encrypted Works and Services”. AEPOC started its activities in 1995. The Association unites the elite of the Pay-TV industry in Europe – and beyond.
AEPOC’s goal is to eliminate the pirating of encrypted works and services and to encourage the development of the appropriate legal, operational and technological framework to increase the security and safeguarding of conditional access systems for Pay-TV, TV-based and IP services.
Secretary General for AEPOC
The role of the Secretary General of AEPOC will be to represent the interests of the members and the Pay-TV industry and to organize and execute the day-to-day management of the Association. The AEPOC Secretary General will be required to travel, lobbying legislative bodies and decision-makers at European, National and local level on the regulatory and technological issues impacting on the industry.
Key to success will be the preparation and presentation of the Association’s case through submissions, speeches and presentations, drawing on the expertise of the Association’s members, the Association’s management with the President and two Vice Presidents as well as four Standing Committees.
This must be coupled with the ability to communicate often technical issues to politicians, policy makers and regulators, the media, partner organisations and other influencers through a variety of means such as conferences, telephone, letters – and communicate internally to the Association’s members.
The role will further include:
* provide general support to Association’s meetings (preparation, agenda, reports, minuting)
* provide input into the preparation of internal papers for the Board of Directors and Standing Committees, such as monitoring of forthcoming legislation with an emphasis on EU issues
* ensure the continuous implementation of AEPOC’s anti-piracy action programmes as voted by the Board of Directors in teamwork with the four Standing Committees
* develop expertise in the Pay-TV’s and the Pay media’s industry regulatory and technological matters and develop strong understanding of Pay-TV’s underlying businesses
* lobby and represent members’ interests through written submissions in response to government consultations, meetings and all other forums and communications media, developing your own network of lobby contacts as experience grows
* communicate your work to members and provide advice to membership by telephone, letter and email
* organise and attend industry and legal background seminars and symposium and participation at congresses and trade show events with support by the PR agency
The role is demanding and varied, progressing the Association’s performance. The successful candidate will be a good communicator, both orally and through the written word. IT skills are essential. You will be a self-starter, quick-to-learn, organised, hardworking, reliable and a strong team worker at the service of the Association.
* attention to detail and clarity of communication
* good IT skills and technology aware
* diplomatic and persuasive
* able to work to deadlines
* sympathetic to content, TV and pay media industry
* reliable, committed team worker
* fluency in English a must, additional languages in particular French and German a strong asset
* experience of lobby work and association management desirable
* familiarity with political processes and EU policy development a plus
* advanced degree in economics, political economy, law or industrial engineering with at least 4 years working experience in the TV and media industry
AEPOC is a non-profit organisation, legally based in Brussels.
To apply for this role, which may be offered on a consultancy basis with a part-time agreement initially, please email AEPOC Vice President Michael Barley at [email protected] including your CV and letter. Closing date is Monday 15 November. AEPOC will be offering a range of dates for initial interviews.
ضع تعليق باستخدام حساب الفيس بوك
|مواضيع ذات صلة مع Jobshop: Secretary General, AEPOC|
|Murdoch’s Leveson testimony questions culture secretary’s role|
|Culture secretary Jeremy|
|The government has said that calls for business secretary Vince Cable to block the proposed takeover of Sky by Rupert Murdoch|
|FTC Advises Against General Eco-Friendly Claims|
|New action plan broadens AEPOC remit|